Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fun Saturday!

I'm heading to bed and way too lazy to type much, but I've got some pics finally! We hit two events this Saturday, with varying levels of success. First, we drove a few hours east to an apple orchard in the hills called "Riley's Farm" where the Orange County chapter was supposed to meet and pick apples. We got there late, of course, and while we saw a few we recognized who were picking in the orchard while we were riding the hayride up the hill to the main barn, we never managed to connect with the official group. On the other hand, we did meet a really great family from the Bakersfield area, which really surprised us since we didn't actually know for sure that there were any of the LPA in Bakersfield - we're up there once or twice a month to visit the in-laws anyway, might as well stop by!

Next, we drove down to San Diego to meet up with Ellen, Stuart, and little Justin for Justin's 3rd birthday party. Traffic was bad on the way down, and we were way late for the swim party, but the pizza at Round Table was great, as was all the company. April and AJ were there, of course, since AJ and Justin are as thick as thieves, as was Jane and Jake, a new mom who's name I didn't catch but who had a little cutie named Audrey, and a few other kids I didn't know and was too deaf to catch the names of :-)

Since I don't have the stamina to type any more, here are some pics which can speak for themselves. The first is from the apple orchard, the rest are from the birthday party.













9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pirate theme birthday! How cute is Caitlin in her bandanna?? That's a whole lot of fun to squeeze into one Saturday, you guys know how to party it up!!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Love the pics - Caitlin is so adorable with her big smiles!

mejane said...

Finally some pictures, yeah! It was great seeing you guys again. We'll have to catch up some more in San Jose.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Mmmmm...cake.

Alex said...

Yeah! I'm so excited you posted pictures! ;) Your kids are adorable as little pirates!!

Charms said...

OHHH I just love the pictures, looks like everyone had a fabulous time........ i love the little pirate sitting on the floor!!!!1

Destini said...

Cute pictures, finally! As if I have any room to talk, being the serious blog slacker of late! Looks like a lot of fun for one Saturday, and don't worry, we would have been late too :)

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Where've you been? I need me some Caitlin!

Kim said...

How did I miss these? Oh my how I just want to pull Caitlin out of these pictures are just eat her up. The picture of her and Cherylle is fantastic! ANd I mean whose idea was the doo rag-because I totally dig it! IT was adorable! Evan is a little patoot too-don't think I forgot about him either. I can't wait to meet you guys one day!