Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Busy weekend!

I worked way too much this weekend, so I missed most of the fun. My wife's entire family came over for the long weekend! It was absolutely a packed house for those three days, though. We've got a 1300 square foot condo with three bedrooms, the master for us and one for each of the kids. Cherylle's parents slept in the spare bed in Caitlin's room, her youngest brother and his family all packed onto a queen-size inflatable bed in Evan's room, and her middle brother crashed on the couch downstairs.

While I was off spending 30 hours over two days in a small TV studio in South El Monte (not a particularly nice neighborhood!) with a very pleasant but slightly Jonestownian group who believed that vegetarianism was the path to saving the planet, while following a lady known as the Supreme Master, the rest of the family was out having fun. They drove down to the Northridge Fashion Plaza for a day of shopping, capped off with a night at the Wood Ranch Grill steakhouse (while I was eating vege-meats, mind you!) on Saturday, and then cruised to the local mall on Sunday finished off with a trip to Buca di Beppo. At least they brought home leftovers from there!

Anyway, since Caitlin is the reason for this blog, here are the updates on her. After waiting until she was a year old to cut her first tooth, she's now got three coming in at once! Both of her top teeth and one of her bottoms are all coming in at the same time. Obviously it's great to get them over with, but it's making for some cranky nights... Cherylle's poor dad is a very light sleeper, and Caitlin kept him up all night both nights!

We also rediscovered a toy we'd bought for Evan many years ago - a tripod table from Fisher Price designed to encourage standing play. It's got lots of noisy toys around the perimeter, and on one side it has a steering wheel with a gear shift lever that moves a series of alphabet pictures in the center, playing back the name and sound to match each picture. Caitlin loves it! It's exactly the right height for her to pull herself up and cruise around, and she has a blast playing with it, despite the fact that it barely works anymore!

I've got pics, but they're trapped on my phone... for some stupid reason, Samsung doesn't support Macs for sync, so I have to disassemble the phone, remove the micro-SD card, find the adapter to regular SD size, go upstairs and plug the printer into my laptop with the USB cable, and finally grab the pics. Realistically, it's just that I'm really lazy, and collapsed on the couch downstairs with the computer in my lap and a beer in my hand, trying to talk myself into going to sleep since tomorrow's my first day on the new job...

'till next time!

3 comments:

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Uuummmm....Mike....Don't think you can get away with that 2nd paragraph about vegetarians and Supreme Masters without explaining. What?!
Don't think you can sneak by without pics either. We will want them next time!
Cat

Kim said...

Yes I second Cat-please do tell about these persons you spent the weekend with!

You did crack me up as to why you did not load up the pictures. I loved the raw honesty.
I am glad Cherylle had a good weekend with the family!

Jennifer said...

Pictures! Pictures!