Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Eleven years ago I married my best friend

After a long night in Biloxi


On a Saturday eleven years ago, a much different day than today, my best friend became my wife.  I'd been fascinated by her from the moment we met - so beautiful, so confident, so strong willed - and yet completely confused by how different she was than me.  I figured the best way to try to understand this woman who caught my attention was to stick with her as long as possible - and while I've never begun to make sense of her, it's turned out to be the best decision I ever made.

Cherylle is intelligent, passionate, and deeply caring.  She is intensely loyal and fights hard for what she believes in.  She has been the logical voice of reason when I have come up with another hare-brained scheme, but has been my biggest supporter when I take a leap of faith.  Her drive for education and improvement have been my biggest inspiration even when I go in a different direction.

Supportive of my hare-brained schemes

She has been the best mother my children could ever ask for.  She patiently walks Evan through his questions when I can't seem to explain things in a way that makes sense, and reads with him for hours at night.  She's better equipped than nearly anyone when it comes to taking on the system and getting Caitlin what she needs - her recent travails with the Newhall School District transportation system really proves that.

The best mother these two could ask for!


And to top it all off, even though I don't always tell her the way I should, she's only gotten more beautiful over the years.  She has a smile and a look of love in her eye that no one gets to see but me - and I am forever grateful.




Our amazing family

10 comments:

a.r. said...

Beautiful couple, Beautiful family, Beautiful story!
Happy Anniversary!

~A

Jaime said...

Happy Anniversary Mike and Cherylle! What a beautiful story!

Alex said...

Beautiful post Mike! You guys are a great couple!!!
Happy anniversary guys. :)

Maggie said...

You guys are too cute! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! So sweet. Nice to read all this mushy stuff from a dude! Congrats and best wishes for many many more years to come.

Destini said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful post Mike! Love the pictures, especially the black and white one of Cherylle and the kids!

Kim said...

I am so excited you guys started blogging again! YAY! I love these pictures. I love the two of you and you are such an amazing couple.

Greene Family said...

Beautiful post! Happy Anniversary, Mike and Cherylle! You have a beautiful family, and I love these pictures!

JackieMacD said...

Beautiful. She didn't do so bad herself, you know!

Caden and Mommy said...

Awesome Post Mike! You two are very lucky :0)