Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Just about me, not the kids... sorry!

Well, this weekend was amusing, but kinda sad at the same time. I've been enjoying the amount of time I've been able to spend at home with Cherylle and the kids over these last few weeks of freelancing, especially after coming back from the 5 days in Palm Springs, but this weekend I ended up in Orange County working while she took the kids up to Bakersfield to visit her parents. It's always fun hanging out with the guys on the crew after the day's over, being way too loud in the hotel bar, but it's not the same as being at home with the family. You know this means I'm getting old when I start saying things like that!

I'm not sure how this works with women, since I'm not a girl and never have been in my live, but guys are trained from birth to go out and beat their chests and provide for the family. Staying out late and being independant are kind of expected, at least by other guys, since it proves you're the man and in charge and in control and not too sensitive. Me, though, while one night is fun, more than that and I'd just rather be at home with Cherylle and the kids. This makes me feel old, honestly, but it's an oldness that I'm happy with. I've always been a bit of a party animal at heart, and because of that I've always wondered when I would settle down internally and really be happy with where I am, and it's nice to see that I'm finally doing that :-)

Since I think the kids are much more interesting than me, though, I will end this with a few pics from some of their last few adventures...

4 comments:

Kim said...

Awww Mike you are all grown up! :-)
I know what you mean-the family starts to become the most important thing ever! And I mean Cait and Evan are so adorable how could you not want to be with them at all times. I am stuck in Richmond for an extra day and all I want to do is go home and kiss Preston!

Jillsblog said...

Hi Mike, I got to your blog after visiting Katie's. I have a 3 year son JD achon. Too bad you didn't live closer, I own a home daycare/preschool and we would have loved to have your daughter with us!!! I look forward to hearing more about your very adorable children!!!

Alex said...

You know, that just shows that you're happy!
My husband is the same way...he would rather stay home or bring the kids to the park than going out, and we live in THE going out place: Vegas baby!! LOL
And NO, it doesn't mean you're old, just happy! :)

Destini said...

I have to travel more frequently than I would like, and I hate being away from the kids. The first evening is kind of nice - good dinner, lounging around, going to bed early - okay so now I feel really old! But after that I just miss them too much! (Can you tell I'm in DC on travel now - yep, this is day one and I already miss them!)